This manual is a practical guide to administering first aid in an emergency. Includes guidance on handling an emergency, basic CPR, dealing with heart attacks, injuries, wounds and bleeding.
It is used as a helpful reminder for staff who have undertaken first aid training. The format is A5, full colour, 16 pages and includes a Check your knowledge section.
- What is First Aid?
- When an emergency happens
- Resuscitation and CPR
- The recovery position
- Dealing with Seizure’s or ‘fits’
- Dealing with Strokes and Heart attack
- Dealing with Choking
- How to treat a person with shock
- How to treat burns and scalds
- Fractures, dislocations, strains and sprains
- Wounds and bleeding