This manual provides a guide to safe manual handling techniques in the workplace. Includes advice on lifting, carrying, unloading, pushing, pulling, team lifting and handling awkward objects.
It is used for staff inductions, training and refresher training. The format is A5, full colour, 16 pages and with a Check your knowledge section to test understanding.
- What is Manual Handling?
- What do I need to do?
- Who is responsible for manual handling?
- Helping Yourself and Colleagues
- What to think about when manual handling
- Your Personal Capabilities
- Good lifting technique
- Carrying and unloading safely
- Pushing or Pulling
- Team lifting
- Awkward Objects and Lifts