Regulations have changed, a new set of
regulations, CDM 2015 has replaced the previous CDM 2007 Regulations.
The new CDM 2015 regulations are based on the EU Temporary or Mobile Construction Sites Directive
and make a number of changes to existing CDM Regs, such as the removal and
replacement of the CDM Coordinator role, replacement of the ACoP, expansion of
the CDM remit and changes to the competence requirements.
The aim of
this course is to provide a comprehensive review of the changes and to bring
delegates up-to-date with the new regulations. This will ensure that
delegates are well equipped to make the necessary changes to their operating
procedures to ensure compliance with the new regs and to follow best practice
in the field.
On completion of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Have the opportunity to confirm their understanding of the current regulatory considerations associated with construction;
• Know how to identify competent contractors, whilst keeping the paperwork manageable;
• Understand the importance of planning construction projects and agreeing appropriate arrangements before the project starts;
• Understand the role of prequalification and the role of Safe Systems in Procurement (SSIP)
• Consolidate their understanding of construction regulations and associated issues;
• Understand how the changing construction regulation may impact their organisation;
• Describe relevant actions needed to successfully address construction related issues in their workplace;
Who Should Attend?
All those with responsibility for ensuring regulatory compliance as a Client or Contractor within their business and those who are seeking to improve their understanding of current and recently emerging construction law and best practice. Management System Representatives and any Manager responsible for Quality, Safety or Environment will find an invaluable one-day update.