Conducting risk assessments within the workplace is a legal requirement for all organisations. It is essential that all staff are aware of the importance of risk assessments and the impact it will have on their job and duty to work safely. This manual clearly explains what risk assessments are, how they are conducted, the employees role in them and their critical importance to organisational safety.
It is used for staff inductions, training, refresher training and also provided
to contractors who come onto company premises to undertake any work.
The manual format is A5, 16 page, full colour, clearly written and
illustrated and includes a Check Your Knowledge section to test
- What is risk assessment?
- Why is it important?
- What is included in risk assessments?
- How are risk assessments conducted?
- Manual handling assessments
- Machinery and work equipment assessments
- Risk assessing display screen equipment
- Assessing hazardous substances
- Assessing the use of personal protective equipment - PPE
- Noise assessments
- How risk ratings work