This manual is designed to be an easy to understand practical guide to health and safety in healthcare premises. It is essential for all staff who work in healthcare environments including hospitals, clinics, surgeries, nursing homes, care homes, residential homes and other healthcare facilities.
It is used for new staff induction packs, staff information, staff training, refresher training and also provided to agency or temporary staff.
The manual format is A5, 24 page, full colour, clearly written and illustrated and includes a sign-off section to confirm that it has been read and understood.
- Why is safety at work important?
- Think and act safely
- Good lifting and handling techniques for objects
- Handling objects safely
- Avoiding strain and injury
- Moving people safely
- How to avoid slips, trips and falls
- Fire prevention
- Fire safety
- Preventing and controlling infection
- Electrical safety
- Using hazardous materials
- What to do if you are injured
- Caring for your safety and security
- Looking after yourself
- Incident reporting