Many employees are either mainly based at home or regularly work from home as part of their employment. The Health and Safety for Home Workers manual is designed to help staff understand how to risk assess and set up their home work environment to ensure that they are working in a safe manner.
It is used for staff inductions, training, refresher training and provided to all staff that work in a home environment as part of their employment.
The manual format is A5, 16 page, full colour, clearly written and illustrated and includes a Check Your Knowledge section to test understanding.
- What is a home worker?
- How to stay safe working at home
- What are risk assessments?
- Reducing the risk of slips, trips and falls at home
- Lifting and moving objects safely
- Using Display Screen Equipment (DSE)
- How to set up your workstation at home?
- Using mobile DSE equipment safely
- Handling hazardous substances
- Office equipment safety
- Looking after yourself
- Emergency procedures