16th May 2024 - Virtual Online
29th May 2024 - Virtual Online
Virtual On-Line Course:
These courses are run using the
Zoom platform as an interactive course just as our live courses would
be. We have had great feedback over the last year from delegates on
Managing the safety of contractors is an area fraught with pitfalls and a failing that frequently appears in safety prosecutions. Managing the safety aspects of contract work and fulfilling your legal obligations is a complex area. Not only are there practical issues, such as getting the contractor to comply with your safety procedures, but also there’s a very fine legal line to walk, getting it wrong either way could increase your potential liability significantly.
To help you navigate your way through the maze, this one-day programme will help you to identify the legal responsibilities of all relevant parties and explore the practical application of these responsibilities. The course will consider all types of contracted activities, including construction and maintenance, cleaning, security, plant installation, etc.
Who should attend?
Health and safety, facilities, maintenance, engineering, operations professionals. All those with a responsibility for arranging and managing contract work and/or coordinating contractors coming on to site.
On completion of the course, attendees will:
- Understand their legal responsibilities for managing contractors,
- Have an awareness of the common issues in managing contractors such as taking control of their work or loaning equipment,
- Know how to assess the competence of contractors,
- Understand the principal hazards introduced by the interaction of contractor activities with your own,
- Have an understanding of the CDM regulations and the meaning of construction work and the triggers for a project becoming notifiable
- Understand the importance of integrating health and safety controls into existing business processes for controlling contractors,
- Be aware of the elements required in putting together a policy for managing contractors,
- Leave the course with a set of objectives for improving their procedures for managing contractors