This manual is designed to be an easy to understand practical guide to reducing the potential harmful effects of noise in the workplace. It is aimed at staff and contractors who work in environments where they may be exposed to high levels of noise or who may work with noisy equipment.
It is used for staff inductions, training, refresher training and is also provided to contractors who come onto company premises to undertake noisy work.
The manual format is A5, 16 page, full colour, clearly written and illustrated and includes a Check Your Knowledge section to test understanding.
- Why is it important for me?
- What can I do to protect my hearing?
- How does the ear work?
- How noise can damage your hearing and general health
- Recognising the signs of hearing damage
- How much noise is too much?
- Using hearing protection
- The different types of ear protection
- Maintaining ear protection
- Hearing tests
- Staying safe