Please contact us for Details
This one day programme is designed specifically for Facilities, Buildings and Maintenance Managers to provide an understanding of key health and safety issues. This course is designed for both Premises and FM personnel and will concentrate on the topics that are most common together with those where new legislation, guidance or research information has been made publicly available over the last year and critically, consider the implications for employers.
- Introduction of course & brief overview of HSWA & MHSW requirements
- Overview of W[HSW] Regs, the FSO, and the integration necessary to comply with both
- Consideration of the definition of “Construction work” and brief discussion of what CDM means to Building and Facilities managers
- Overview of requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations and supporting Guidance inc British Standards
- Discussion of what the term “Ergonomics” means with regard to Manual Handling
- Legionella – overview of sources, exposure issues and control
- PUWER & LOLER – why they are always a Facilities management issue
- Selection & control of contractors – what the Facilities Manager should ensure is in place.
- Introduction of relevant new legislation and possible impact on the workplace
Very well presented course, speaker kept the day very motivating – BBC
Great course, willl be very productove within my job role - Hanson
Informative Course - Airborne Systems Ltd
Good pace and very informative, thanks! - Hanson